WhatsApp launched the famous “Status” feature on its platform on February 24, 2017. This feature allows users to share, photos, videos, GIFs with their friends and it disappears automatically after 24 hours. Ths status feature on WhatsAppwas initially called a clone of Snapchat stories because Snapchat was the first app in the world to launch this feature on its platform. But now every social media app including Facebook, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp has integrated this feature in their platforms.
The pictures or videos you and your friend share as stories on WhatsApp are not automatically saved in your device. Some users save them by taking a screenshot of the stories they share as pictures but when it comes to the videos even the screenshot trick fails to help.
So how can you save your friends status pictures or videos without asking them?. Below mentioned are the two simple methods through which you can easily save your friends stories on your device.
This method involves saving stories from your device’s file manager.
- Open your App.
- Head to Status option and open the status you want to download on your phone.
- Leave WhatsApp and go to your device file manager.
- In the File Manager, click on the three-dot icon located in the top right corner. A menu will show up, click ‘Show Hidden Files’.
- Now go to the Folders named- WhatsApp > Media> .statuses
- You will find all WhatsApp friends Status there.
- Transfer that video or photo you want to another folder,
You can also download the status pictures and videos from WhatsApp Web using your laptop or PC.
- Open WhatsApp web on your computer and link it with your device.
- Go to the status tab, and open the status of your friend that you want to download.
- Click the right tab on your desktop and select the Save Image option in order to download the video/photo
This is how you can download your friend’s status easily and can save them in your device as memories to watch them later.